The Italian most used proverb says: Everyone can wait for pasta, but pasta can’t wait anyone.
We can talk endless for the pasta, ask a Italian Granny and you will get many advises and guidances, how to prepare. Those recipes are very close to my heart. I had a opportunity to work for one of the greatest not Italian, but with Italian heart chef. He give me knowledge and poison me with the love for the simple , but perfect Italian cuisine.
Soft Pasta Dough
- 1 kg Flour 00 high gluten index
- 480 g Eggs
- 40 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 g White wine Chardonay
- 10 g Salt
- Sieve the flour. Add salt and white wine. Prepare the eggs, lightly beaten.
- Start creating dough by adding eggs little by little. When all the eggs are incorporated, add the olive oil.
- Knead the dough for up to 20 minutes, until it’s consistent and soft, then cover it with cling film and rest for at least 30 minutes in a fridge, to give time for the gluten to activate.
- When you are ready to shape your pasta, knead one more time and then using a pasta machine or a rolling pin, start to roll as thick, as desired for different pasta shapes.
Hard Pasta Dough
- 500 g Flour 00 (high gluten index)
- 500 g Semolina
- 400 g Eggs
- 30 g Olive oil
- 5 g Salt
- Sieve the flour. Add semolina and salt. Prepare the eggs, lightly beaten.
- Start creating dough by adding eggs little by little.When all of the eggs are incorporated, add the olive oil.
- Knead the dough, minimum 20 min, until you have, nice, soft and firm dough. Cover with cling film and rest for minimum 30 min in fridge, to give the time to the gluten to activate.
- After resting, knead one more time and then using pasta machine or rolling pin, start to roll out to the proper thickness for the exact pasta shape.