What differs Alioli from mayonnaise, is that in the latter, we use the whole eggs, unlike the traditional Spanish sauce, in which only egg yolks are used.
Learn how to make your own homemade mayo and alioli (aioli, or otherwise said, traditional Spanish mayo with garlic) to serve with your favourite dishes or as a appetiser, spread on bread.
Mayo and Alioli
- 3 Eggs or egg yolks
- 500 ml Olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g Lemon juice
- to taste Salt and white pepper
- Place the eggs or the egg yolks in a blender, add the garlic, salt and pepper, the lemon juice. You can also incorporate many other flavours, such as truffles, all kinds of ground pepper, lime, basil, cilantro, etc.
- Blend the slowly, until the mixture is consistent.
- Increase the blender' speed and pour the oil slowly and keep blending, until the mixture becomes homogenous. If it thickens too much, you can a little bit of water, to make it nice and smooth.
- Store in your fridge, up to three days.