Literally means Viennese Cutlet – thin, breaded, pan-fried veal cutlet.
Sliced veal, butterfly cut, about 4mm thin and pounded flat, seasoned with salt and pepper and rolled in flour, whipped eggs and bread crumbs. Fried until golden brown, in a good proportion of lard fat and clarified butter at about 160-170º C.
- 300 g Veal Cuttlet
- 100 g Flour
- 3 pcs Eggs
- 150 g Bread Crumbs or Panko
- 100 g Lard Fat
- 150 g Clarified Butter
- as needed g Salt/ Pepper
- Clean and flatten the meat (Butterfly cut), season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the meat in flour, then whipped eggs and finish in bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil until 160º C and fry the schnitzel until golden-brown, frequently flipping on the other side.
- Serve with boiled potatoes or cabbage salad.