Creamy tasty dessert, excellent for yet another use of those delicious pumpkins, available in the fall.
Learn how to make this super easy and very creamy dessert at home with a few steps.
- 500 g Pumpkin puree boiled or steamed pumpkin, with minimum quantity of water, without any spices
- 5 g Gelatine 2 stripes Silver Gelatine
- 240 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g Egg Yolk
- 800 ml Cream
- 5 g Cinnamon
- 2 g Ginger powder
- 0,5 g Nutmeg
- 1/2 stick Vanilla
- 30 ml Dark Rum
- Mix the yolks with the sugar and 180ml of the cream. Cook in a bain-marie, whilst constantly whisking, until the mixture becomes fluffy and creamy. Let cool in cold or iced water bath to avoid splitting.
- When the pastry cream has cooled down, add all the spices and the pumpkin puree.
- Warm up the rum until 80º C and melt the bloomed gelatine in it, pour the mix into the pastry cream
- Whisk the rest of the cream until soft peaks and, using a silicon spatula, fold it gently into the pastry cream.
- Fill in glasses or bowls, with an optional biscuit or a ginger sponge at the bottom.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Serve with extra whipped cream and caramel sauce on top.