There are thousand of mulled wine recipes. This one’s a fusion of flavours from all around the Globe, creating a very unique taste.
Mulled wine (Glühwein)
- 2 (750g) Dry Red Wine Merlot or Port Wine
- 300 g Brown Sugar
- 1 g Allspice mix
- 5 pcs Clove
- 3 pcs Star Anise
- 2 pcs Orange zest and juice
- 2 pcs Apple sweet-sauer, cutted in small dice
- 1 stick Vanilla
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- Heat up the apples, all of the spices, sugar and orange zest for a few minutes on low heat in a heavy skillet pod.
- When the sugar dissolves and the flavoures infuse and the smell intensifies, add the orange juice and increase the heat.
- Add the wine and srart cooking, but please do not boil the wine!
- The secret of this drink is to cook until boiling point and then let simmer for a while.
- When the wine reaches boiling point, turn the heat off.
- Fill the cups and enjoy, serve hot, in a good company! 🙂